Ubiquitous single “Handlebars” (check out the awesome animated video!) is by far the best track on Flobots‘ first full-length release, Fight With Tools. At their best, Flobots sound like an amalgamation of The Roots, Eminem, and Linkin Park, however they never reach the quality of any of those three artists. Fight With Tools is filled with far more misses than hits. Only two tracks would I call the latter, “There’s a War Going On for Your Mind” and “Mayday!!!” And, unfortunately, since “There’s a War…” really seems just like an intro to “Mayday!!! perhaps there’s really only one other worthwhile track on the album other than “Handlebars.” In general, even those tracks should be skipped if you happen to really love this country’s current administration, or simply do not like your raps politically heavy-handed.
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
- So excited to be meeting at the TRAMONTANE CAFE on Wednesday June 28th at 6 pm to discuss The Handmaid's Tale by... fb.me/25r0DZhmZ 1 day ago
- Our Summer Reading Program starts TODAY! Be sure to sign up in the Children's Room, check out all of the prizes... fb.me/6ycP3Viu3 1 day ago
- The Utica Public Library will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th. (Be sure to still visit on Monday, July 3rd for... fb.me/1pxjx19bK 1 day ago
- The Utica Public Library will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th fb.me/ES3egy2T 1 day ago
- Visit a couple of our Children's Room gals over at the One World Flower Fest, ready to do Thumbprint Flowers with... fb.me/1r5fHgqcY 3 days ago