@the_stybs sent out a challenge via Twitter the other day for Frost Titan deck ideas.
Here’s what I came up with:
4x Frost Titan
1x Lorthos the Tidemaker
2x Stormtide Leviathan
2x Lullmage Mentor
2x Mass Polymorph
1x Rite of Replication
4x Mana Leak
4x Spreading Seas
2x Wind Zendikon
1x Sword of Vengeance
2x Temple Bell
4x Halimar Depths
4x Paralyzing Grasp
2x Augury Owl
2x See Beyond
Key things about the deck:
- This is all post M10/Alara rotation Standard.
- I wanted to play off Frost Titan’s tapping things ability more, but didn’t quite work it into the main deck. Paralyzing Grasps are in the sideboard as a defensive card, and to keep things tapped, simply because I like the idea of it.
- I like the idea of using Redirect to target Frost Titan with opponent’s spells.
- The Lullmage Mentors make Merfolk dudes when spells and the Titan counters stuff, and the Clones become copies of the Mentors or the heavy hitters once they are out, and the Mentors and Clones become Mass Polymorph fodder, along with the Wind Zendikons. Mass Polymorph is just crazy and seems like it will be fun, but it’s not the main route for things. Since we’re not splitting colors, I think hardcasting the big guns won’t be too hard.
- I added a Lorthos because he likes to tap things too.
And he’s a bad ass.
- Spreading Seas is a star of a card. Let’s you draw a card, slows down your opponents if they aren’t playing blue, and lets your Stormtide Leviathans run rampant.
- I have a singleton Sword of Vengeance here because frankly how awesome is it? And a Frost Titan needs to be swinging a giant friggin’ sword. Plus, the Titan has now “kapow” abilities when attacking besides tapping stuff, so making him 8/6 First Strike, Vigilance, Trample, Haste is pretty sick.
- Honestly, there should be Jace TMS in here, but I hate how $expensive$ he is. Take out what you will to add your playset of the guy, but I only own one. When I build this, I think I will take out one Spreading Seas to put my solo Jace 2.0 in.